North Atlantic Westie Rescue operates entirely through the service of unpaid volunteers. We are a team of rescuers who believe 100 percent in the mission of rescue. Every single one of our volunteers has owned (or is owned by) Westies or small dogs. We are always on the look out for volunteers who believe in our core principles and wish to contribute to our programs.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR VOLUNTEERING
North Atlantic Westie Rescue is a professionally run non-profit animal welfare organization. In order to ensure all those who interact with our program have a good experience and to meet our legal obligations, all volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must sign our volunteer agreement before participating in any program activities
- If you foster for us, all adults in your household must sign our volunteer agreement before placing a foster dog with you
- You must live in one of the states we serve: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island
- You must participate in at least one volunteer activity per year to be considered a volunteer
North Atlantic Westie Rescue has the following volunteer opportunities open. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please send an inquiry to our Executive Director Karen Errichetti by emailing email@example.com.
- Dog Foster Volunteer
- Hospice Foster Volunteer
- Westie Taxi Volunteer
- Social Media Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator